Early Orthodontic Treatment & Braces For Children
Thank you for your interest in Arvay Orthodontics! Dr. Arvay and his staff are excited to help you learn more about early orthodontic care options for your child. We make every effort to deliver outstanding results to our patients. We provide care for patients of all ages in the Morristown, Flanders, Randolph, Morris Plains, Madison, and the surrounding areas of Morris County, NJ. Arvay Orthodontics stays up to date
When should my child first visit the orthodontist?
Age 7 is the optimal time to begin treatment. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that you bring your child into the orthodontist at the earliest signs of common orthodontic problems. At this time, we will be able to anticipate if treatment will be needed. The benefits to beginning orthodontic treatment early can save you hundreds of dollars in the long run. The earlier you start, the greater the result and the lesser amount of time and money you spend.
What are the benefits of early orthodontic evaluation?
As mentioned above, here are some of the benefits to getting evaluated at a young age:
- Timely detection of problems
- More effective treatment
- Guided growth & development
- Prevention of serious problems in the future
- Less time spent at future visits
- More affordable overall
Why is age 7 the optimal time for screening?
The reason is very simple. Screening by this time can increase your chances for a radiant glowing smile for the rest of your child’s life.
- First adult molars have erupted
- Back bite has been established
- Dr. Arvay can evaluate front-to-back and side-to-side tooth relationships
- Malocclusions, crowding, and gummy smiles can be detected
What are the advantages of interceptive treatment?
Some of the most direct results of interceptive treatment are:
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserving space for unerupted teeth
- Reducing the need for tooth removal
- Reducing treatment time with braces
What is interceptive treatment?
Orthodontic treatment that is intended to prevent future issues from arising.
Is your child a candidate for early orthodontic treatment? Are you?
Orthodontics is not only for improving the aesthetics of a smile. Orthodontics also improves bad bites (malocclusions); these are caused by the teeth or jaw being misaligned. Malocclusions affect the way you smile, chew, clean your teeth and feel about your smile.
Why should malocclusions be treated?
Malocclusions can result in:
- Crowded teeth
- Teeth that are more difficult to properly brush & floss
- Tooth decay & gum disease risks
- Accidental chipping due to protruding teeth
- Unfavorable growth & uneven tooth wear from crossbites
- Tongue thrusting habits & speech impediments from openbites
Make An Appointment With Dr. Joseph Arvay!
If you believe you or your child is a candidate for orthodontic treatment, we encourage you to request a complimentary appointment with us as soon as possible. We thank you for your interest in our practice and we would love to work with you to help you get the smile of your dreams. You may also call our Morristown Office at (973) 538-5067 or our Flanders Office at (973) 927-2260. We look forward to seeing you soon!